Thursday, April 5, 2007

Ken McCown


After high school, I graduated from the University of Illinois with degrees in landscape architecture and architecture. From there, it's been work, work, work, which for me has been a load of fun. I've been working as a Professor in IL, NYC and now Los Angeles. I have been teaching and doing projects around the world. I work with funding from the United Nations working on World Heritage Sites. What I do with professionals and students is creating plans to protect these historic resources from destruction and the people that live around the sites from gentrification. Work is at home as well, as I live in Richard Neutra's home in Los Angeles, which has been my favorite city I have ever lived in! The home is a restoration project, so I get some immediate hands-on work.

I have no children, as work doesn't seem to be giving time for that yet, but I'm happy to see that the rest of you seem to be keeping the country alive and blossoming! So many kids! How do you do it??! I'm thankful to have grown up with our class. I'm amazed by all of things I hear about what the Class of '87 is doing!

No comments: